BS 25999 - Business Continuity Management
How would you Assure Business Continuity
Business Continuity Management (BCM) necessitates the recovery or continuation of business activities in the event of any business interruption. The BCM program has to be managed through activities such as training, exercises and reviews to ensure the business continuity plan in place are up to date. Even if an organization has never encountered a critical incident, establishing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS), built on BS 25999, helps to establish key business processes and the impact that may result from any threats.
BS 25999 certification provides a comprehensive set of controls based upon BCM inimitable practice, covering the entire BCM lifecycle. It identifies the strategic and tactical capability of an organization to plan for and react to incidents and business interruptions in order to continue business operations at an appropriate pre-defined level. The standard is generic and offers organizations guidance on placing their BCM systems in place. An organization can prepare for the worst and take measures to improve its resilience.
BS 25999 – It's Key Benefits
- Organization-wide identification and knowledge of critical business processes and the impact of interruption;
- Increased levels of strength and recovery capability, and the continuing survival of the organization;
- Improved risk profile in the thoughts of insurers (reduced insurance premiums);
- Compliance with the expectations of regulators, insurers, business partners and other key stakeholders;
- Significantly reduced financial impact of incidents, interruption or even below disaster;
- Increase the survival chance of both the organization and employees;
- Reputation improved;
- Timely and orderly responses to incidents and business interruptions to continue business operations in an acceptable pre-defined level;
- Encourages cross-team and cross-organization coordination;
- Demonstrate credible responses through scenario-base exercising; and
- Demonstrate management commitment in overall risk management with visible evidence.
BAS Certification Process
BAS has a unique approach of certification which complies with the requirement for bodies providing audit and certification of management system.
Click here to know about more information of the certification process by BAS