ISO 10001 - Customer satisfaction - Guidelines for codes of conduct for organizations
ISO 10001 provides guidance for planning, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and improving customer satisfaction codes of conduct. ISO 10001:2007 is applicable to product-related codes containing promises made to customers by an organization concerning its behaviour. Such promises and related provisions are aimed at enhanced customer satisfaction. Annex A provides simplified examples of components of codes for different organizations.
ISO 10001 does not prescribe the substantive content of customer satisfaction codes of conduct, nor does it address other types of codes of conduct, such as those that relate to the interaction between an organization and its personnel, or between an organization and its suppliers.
ISO 10001 is not intended for certification or for contractual purposes, and it is not intended to change any rights or obligations provided by applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Guiding principles of the standard are:
- Commitment for code of conduct
- Sufficient capacity of the organization for the development and implementation of code of conduct
- Transparency towards customers, employees and other interested parties
- Accessibility of the Code, that is easily found and applicable
- Responsiveness of the organization in relating to the needs of customers
- Accuracy of the code, should be not misleading, transparent and legally compliant
- Assignment of responsibilities
- Continual improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the code.
ISO 10001 – It's Key Benefits
- Strengthen the confidence of customers in the organization
- Minimization of misunderstandings and complaints
- Identification of trends, thereby eliminating the causes of complaints and complaints
- Boost customer-oriented behavior
- Develop and improve skills of staff in customer care
BAS Certification Process
BAS has a unique approach of certification which complies with the requirement for bodies providing audit and certification of management system.
Click here to know about more information of the certification process by BAS