ISO 20121 - Event Sustainability Management System
ISO 20121 is a management system standard that has been designed to help organisations in the events industry improve the sustainability of their event related activities, products and services.
ISO 20121 is based on the earlier British Standard called ‘BS 8901 Specification for a Sustainability Management System for Events’ which was first developed in 2007. Due to the high level interest in BS 8901, it was decided to create an international version of the standard to coincide with the London 2012 Olympics.
In simple terms, ISO 20121 describes the building blocks of a management system that will help any event related organisation to:
- Continue to be financially successful
- Become more socially responsible
- Reduce its environmental footprint
ISO 20121 applies to all types and sizes of organisation involved in the events industry – from caterers, lighting and sound engineers, security companies, stage builders and venues to independent event organisers and corporate and public sector event teams.
ISO 20121 – It's Key Benefits
- Clarity of purpose and strategy resulting in a more energised and aligned workforce
- More integrated management and joined up thinking resulting in improved efficiencies and stronger teamwork
- Simpler, clearer and more effective systems and processes
- Boost employee motivation, attract best talent and improve retention
- Enhance reputation and strengthen relationships with key clients, suppliers, partners and other external stakeholders who hold similar values
- Achieve costs savings with respect to material consumption, waste and energy
- Reduce carbon emissions over the entire event supply chain
- Strengthen the position of the organisation within the community
BAS Certification Process
BAS has a unique approach of certification which complies with the requirement for bodies providing audit and certification of management system.
Click here to know about more information of the certification process by BAS